Philippine international tourist arrivals breach 3 million mark
The put up Philippine international tourist arrivals breach 3 million mark appeared first on TD (Travel Daily Media) Travel Daily.
The Philippines has reached its 3 million international customer arrivals mark as of July 19, 2023, the Department of Tourism (DOT) reported Wednesday.
Latest information from the DOT recorded a complete of 3,000,079 international customer arrivals from January 1 to July 19, 2023.
The nation’s inbound tourism receipts from January 1 to June 30, 2023 have likewise climbed to P212,467,522,100.14 or 502.02 % larger than the P35,292,495,457.14 tourism income generated from the identical interval final yr.
“We are glad to report that in roughly seven months, we have already achieved the 3 million international visitor arrivals mark, reflecting continued robust recovery and the gains of the Marcos Administration towards the resurgence of Philippine tourism, ” Tourism Secretary Christina Garcia Frasco mentioned.
“Tourism provides employment and livelihood to millions of Filipinos. We are grateful for the renewed interest worldwide in the Philippines which offers a multitude of reasons to love travel across our islands. We thank as well our fellow Filipinos who continue to travel domestically, supporting our local communities and families who are all part of the tourism value chain,” the tourism chief added.
Of the figures, 91.36 % or 2,740,802 are international vacationers, whereas the remaining 8.64 % or 259,277 are abroad Filipinos.
South Korea delivered nearly 1 / 4 of the full variety of international guests for the Philippines with 741,658 (24.72 %) adopted by the United States of America (USA) within the second spot with 550,569 (18.35 %); then Australia with 146,062 (4.87 %); Japan with 143,227 (4.77 %); and Canada with 132,018 (4.40 %) as the highest 5 supply markets of international arrivals.
Other guests got here from China with 129,077 (4.30 %); Taiwan with 104,211 (3.47 %); United Kingdom with 85,847 (2.86 %); Singapore with 81,656 (2.72 %); and Malaysia with 54,411 (1.81 %).
The put up Philippine international tourist arrivals breach 3 million mark appeared first on Travel Daily.